Carrots are rich in fiber, have a crunchy taste, and are of different colors depending upon their season and region of harvest.
Carrots are a great source of viable nutrients such as fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, antioxidants, and beta-carotene. Thus they offer a number of health benefits such as improving eyesight, reducing the risk of cancer, and lowering cholesterol levels.
The crunchy, sweet, and vibrant carrots are one of the most used vegetables across the globe. Due to its versatile taste, it is consumed raw, in dishes, as salad, in pickles as well as in jams. Thus, they make their place in every kitchen!
What are the health benefits of carrots?
The reddish-orange carrots produced by Qurban Agro farms are not only juicy and rich in taste, they are also packed with immense health benefits. As they store a wealth of nutrients, they are known as nutritional heroes. They are known to have the highest amount of carotene present in them among all the fruits and vegetables. This carotene is then converted into vitamin A by the body, thus being a beneficial source of vitamin A. Not only this vegetable is enriched with vitamin A, nonetheless, an abundant amount of Vitamins B and C are also present in it.
This root vegetable is perhaps a goldmine of nutrients. It is rich in calcium pectate and antioxidants.
Here are a few of the proven health benefits of carrots:
- They are known to impact the eyesight positively. In fact, this is one of the most famous health benefits of carrots. Since they are rich in Beta-carotene, they provide the essential vitamin A which ensures that the eyes are not affected by the sunlight and reduces the chances of eye problems such as cataracts. Those yellow carrots are rich in lutein which offers strength to sight as they prevent the degeneration of muscles.
- As they are rich in Antioxidants, they are found useful in the prevention of certain types of cancers. They have two types of antioxidants present in them which are anthocyanins and carotenoids. These help in fighting the radical cells.
- They have great benefits for the heart. The heart tends to benefit from the antioxidants and potassium present in them. Which are key factors in regulating the blood pressure. Also, rich in fibre, carrots are great for regulating weight and thus are heart-friendly! Lycopene, which is present in red carrots is found beneficial for heart health.
- As they are filled with Vitamin C, they help to build your immune system. The iron content helps make the antibodies.
- Rich in fiber and high water content makes carrots a gut-friendly vegetable that helps in relieving constipation.
- Carrots, as per the studies, help control blood sugar levels. Thus, making it a recommended part of a diabetic’s diet. Also, people who are at risk of having diabetes should incorporate it to reduce the risk of developing the disease.
- Attain healthy and strong bones by incorporating this red juicy vegetable into your diet as they are rich in calcium and vitamin K.
What are the different kinds of carrots?
There are as many as 11 types of carrots! The types of carrots present are purple, white, yellow, red, black, green, rainbow, orange, miniature, baby, and heritage carrots.
They differ in size, color, and region. In Pakistan, you will find red juicy carrots as they are sworn in warm temperatures and the rich soil gives them a bright color. These carrots differ in taste and texture. Their nutritional values also differ.
What are organic carrots?
Organic carrots are the ones that are grown using organic farming techniques and practices. Such carrots are grown following specific organic farming practices and meet the criteria for organic certification. Such assures deploying environment-friendly and sustained practices such as not using synthetic pesticides, herbicides, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Naturally controlling pests: In order to refrain from chemicals and induce organic growth, the carrots at Qurban Agro Farms are cultivated using natural pest controls and soil enrichment. No chemicals are used to kill the pests as it affect the taste and characteristics of carrots. To avoid pests, barriers like row covers are installed.
- Grown from organic seeds: Rather than using Genetically modified carrot seeds, Qurban AGro farms use natural seeds.
- Enhanced Soil health: In order to have sustained farming practices, soil health is enhanced using methods such as cover cropping and crop rotation. Such helps improve the soil fertility.
- Natural weed control: Weed control at organic farms is done through mulching, mechanical cultivation, and hand weeding rather than using synthetic herbicides.
- No artificial measures to enhance shelf-life: Most of the non-organic carrots have extended shelf life so that they can be stored and used in the off-season. One such practice is irradiation. Organic carrots are not exposed to the irradiation process.
- Environmental-friendly practices: At organic farms, environment-friendly practices are deployed. This helps ensure conversing water, not injecting harmful chemicals into the environment, reducing waste, and growing crops in healthy soil.
Why Carrots of Pakistan are good in taste?
Pakistan is a producer of fresh, red, and juicy carrots that are great in taste. Pakistan produces high-quality carrots as their outer area is wider than the inner area when cut crosswise. This is because the core is not tasty, nor is enriched with sugar and nutrients.
Carrot, the power pack of nutrients is a root vegetable that is popular in Pakistan. It is the second most-grown vegetable in Pakistan. Carrots are an economical vegetable. They are available mostly in the winter season and are consumed widely in Pakistan. It is grown over an area of 28.7 hectares and has an annual production of 728.137 thousand tonnes.
The carrots of Pakistan are rich in taste due to the favourable climate. While it is a winter vegetable, it tends to get its beautiful colour when grown in temperatures ranging from 15°C and 20°C. The shape of the carrot is also enhanced when it gets to grow at a temperature of or near 18°C. If not provided with a suitable temperature during their first phase of growth, they become bolted which means they come out small, tough, and not edible. Not only this, the carrots of Pakistan are tasty as they are induced with favourable soil whose pH ranges from 5.5 to 6.5.
Why choose Qurban Agro?
Qurban Agro farms are the most reliable source for enjoying fresh, red, and juicy carrots. Here are some of the tempting reasons why you should choose Qurban Agro for your fresh, red, juicy carrots supply!
- High-quality carrots with less core and more edible portion.
- Organic vegetable are rich in taste and nutrients.
- Grown through sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
- No use of harmful fertilisers and pesticides
- Prompt delivery nationwide
- What are carrots?
Carrot is a root vegetable that is found across the globe. However, carrots differ from region to region. There are as many as 11 types of carrots, which differ in shape, size, taste, and color. Carrots are typically red and orange in color. They are rich in nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber making them great for health.
- What are organic carrots?
That are produced without fertizers and pesticides. This helps to achieve red juicy carrots that are full of nutrients. Such carrots are not infected from the harmful chemicals and thus are good for health. Such carrots are not harmful for the environment as well.
- How can I add carrots to my diet?
It is a versatile vegetable that can be used in different ways. It can b consumed in raw form. It can be used in salads. Its juice is refreshing and tasty. You can use it as a dressing. You can cook it and consume it. Chinese, western and Asian dishes use carrots. Carrots can also be used in desserts.
- Why are the carrots of Pakistan red and juicy?
The carrots of Pakistan are rich in taste due to the favourable climate. While carrot is a winter vegetable, it tends to get its beautiful color when grown in temperatures ranging from 15°C and 20°C. The soil pH level is also favourable for its production in Pakistan.
- In which season carrot is available?
It is a winter vegetable. It is available in winter. Yet it has to be grown in summer as it requires warm temperatures to grow.